Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weekends suck

Friday night was slow and boring. I closed the bar. Happy hour was very busy, but everything died as soon as that was over. I even told a customer at six, "OK, I can be polite now." The biggest excitement was a table walking in at ten forty-five, fifteen minutes before we closed. Not a big deal, we can usually have people in-and-out in thirty to forty-five minutes that late at night. As soon as they got their food, the cooks left because we had been very slow and they started their pre-close early. THE TABLE SENT THEIR FOOD BACK! There was nothing wrong with it, it was just not what they wanted. Luckily, one of the chefs was still there and he made them something else. Just another case of people being stupid and expecting to enjoy a leisurely meal at close. Stupid people!

Saturday was loads of fun. The entire front of house staff had a meeting at nine am that was pointless and boring. The bar staff then had a meeting right after that, that was stupid and demeaning and then the bar dishwasher broke again. I pointed it out to The Bar Manager and he was none to pleased, but he's an idiot so it's OK. Turns out the motor burnt out and it had to be taken back to the dishwasher repair shop to be replaced. So my fellow bartenders had to go through a Saturday night without a dishwasher at the bar. (We don't have a triple sink.) I had the night off so, I spent Saturday night watching movies and went to bed at ten thirty. I know, boring!!

I opened The Seafood Restaurant on Sunday and spent most of the day there. Nothing exciting happened. I was just there all day. I came home and went to bed.

Monday was a very long day. I was at The Seafood Restaurant for fifteen hours, from open to close. I opened as a manager and closed the bar. The most interesting thing was that three off-duty cops came in for the late happy hour at nine and stayed until eleven. An hour after close! They were real nice, but COME ON PEOPLE, I WANT TO GO HOME!

I had a day off yesterday and today. My roommate and I went to see Matt and Kim, an indie band from Brooklyn. They were way cool and we had a blast! Its good to get out of this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment