Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm stupid

My shift last night was long and frustrating. Many problems and very few solutions. The main problem is the one that gets worse every day. The fact that my managers are not qualified or good at their jobs. We have a new executive chef that falls into the same vein. Everyone is trying waaaay to hard to do everything the way corporate wants it done. All told, it's not a nice place to work. I can't quit because I am making good money and I will not be able to find a job this good or that pays this well.

Back to last night. The dishwasher behind the bar broke. This not a good thing because we wash almost all of the glassware in The Seafood Restaurant behind the bar. I don't have a triple-sink so I had to load everything up and take it to the main dishwasher in the back. I had late bar patrons, which was great because they tipped well and they were way cool. But, because I was talking to them, I did not clean as much as I should, as quickly as I should or started as early as I should. I got into it with the Bar Manager (who remember is not good at his job) about the broken dishwasher and getting everything clean. He wanted to leave everything until the morning. I said that was silly. We need to clean everything, every night. Period. I told him we need keep the main dishwasher open longer to accomodate the bar glasses and equipment. The chef said no, but he did leave the dishwasher full of clean water so I could finish my dishes. I just had to break it down. No big deal, it only took a few minutes to do this. Compromise is great!

I was done with my shift at 11:45. I was angry at the management, frustrated with the way the shift went and flush with cash. So what do I do? I go to Bar X and proceed to down what I think was six tall Maker's and Diet in about two hours. That was a great idea! Do you know why? I had not eaten in twelve hours, the Bar Manager came in and sat down next to me and just generally pissed me off, and they kept pouring me drinks. Now, the first two are very bad. The last is very good, just not for me. If I go out at all, I generally only have two drinks and then go home. Two relaxes me and helps me unwind, but does not impair me. Impair is the correct word to use. I was extremely impaired. I had to go into the bathroom and puke before I paid my tab. One of my best friends in the world, the Girl From LA, called me at that time. I remember her calling, but I don't know what we spoke about. And last but not least, I got pulled over, arrested, and GOT A DUI!!!! So this is why I'm stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment