Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Longest three days of my life...for this week

Here's to working thirty plus hours in three days! Today is my day off and I have spent most of it catching up on everything I could not do in the last three because I was working the whole time.

Sunday was a good day. It was our annual "Veteran's Appreciation Day". The Seafood Restaurant gave a free meal to veterans so we were much busier than normal. I worked from noon to about eight. It was a good shift. I started off working with a bartender that I'm not that fond of. Mainly because I know she has slept with The Bar Manager, who is a prick. I ended the shift with Lauren. She is great. She also coaches cheer leading at one of the local high schools. It was just a long day.

Monday was the longest day I have had in a long time. I started out by opening The Seafood Restaurant as a manager. The GM came in at three, Dawn (one of the other bartenders) pick me up to get my car out of impound and took me back to work, I changed real quick, and got behind the bar for a busy happy hour and then a busy dinner rush because of a thirty-three top and a private party. I ended up leaving at eleven. So it was a fourteen hour day. I made good money, so I can't complain. I went down to Bar X to see Jake before I caught the bus home. I ran into Rocky and Danielle from The Tavern. This was another long day.

Tuesday, I woke up and opened The Seafood Restaurant, once again, as a manager and stayed there till eight. At least this time I stayed in the same position all day and The GM didn't come in until three again so I had the place to myself and my co-workers for most of the day. I ended the day at the bookstore paging through Waiter Rant. Its a great book written by a gentleman who writes a blog by the same name. He was a server in New York City for the past few years and accurately describes life in the service industry. His blog had some influence in me starting this one. You and find his site here.

So that was my almost normal weeks worth of work in three days. I'm going to go enjoy something non-work related until I have to work tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment