Friday, December 5, 2008

Wow!

Its been a weird couple of weeks. I haven't posted in awhile because things just seem to stay the same. Thanksgiving was long and boring, but I did get to hang out with one of my out of town friends. The management at The Seafood Restaurant just gets worse and worse. They are buying cheaper and cheaper food, but keeping the prices the same. Quality has gone out the window. I really want to quit, but because of the state of the economy there are no jobs available. My schedule keeps getting cut back farther and farther. I'm down to thirty two to thirty three hours a week from fifty. I've been trying to get a second job, but it has not been going well. I opened last Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I had Tuesday off and spent it hanging out with my roommate. I worked for a few hours on Wednesday. I stayed longer than I thought, because some corporate types were there checking up on things. I spent a couple hours at Bar X later that night reading the NY Times and drinking Arrogant Bastard. I enjoyed that very much. I hung out with my roommate all yesterday too. We spent time at the independent coffee shop just reading with one of our friends, went to Trader Joe's and had dinner at Brio. One of my friends from work met up with us when she got done. It was a good time. (Brio was nice enough to give me twenty-five percent off of the bill. I love what I do!) We met up with the same friend from earlier and saw "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" again. Its a great movie! Even though its about teenage hipsters, it really celebrates New York City and especially the Lower East Side (what some people now call the East Village). Plus its got a great soundtrack! I close the bar tonight and because of my driving mishap I will have to call a cab in order to get home. Yea, me! I hope tonight is good and I don't get to pissed off at the management. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment