Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life takes a downturn and (I hope) an upturn

So last weekend was good to me. I closed Friday night and only worked a few hours Saturday morning. I opened on Sunday and was only there until five or so. Monday was a little weird because instead of my usual open I ended up going in at four to close the bar.

Tuesday I had court to find out my fate from the DUI arrest. I pleaded down to a reckless op. and have to pay a small fine and have to go to a two day alcohol awareness class in February. Because I refused to take a breathalyzer, I automatically have my license suspended for one year, but I can apply to get work related driving privileges back. As a whole, not an experience that I enjoyed, but I made the mistake and I have to pay for it.

Getting back to better news. I opened the bar on Wednesday morning and as I left the mall I stopped at the bookstore. The place was packed! Miss Rachael Ray was going to be doing a book signing that evening. There were moms everywhere! I have never seen so many mom jeans in one place in my life!

I closed last night, Friday, and opened as a manager this morning. I was there until mid afternoon helping the opening bartender. Tonight I have been catching up on peeps on Twitter and catching up on episodes of "House". I open again in the morning, but I have the pleasure of working with the wonderful GM. Its gonna suck!

BTW, I'm not sure what the afore mentioned upturn is yet. I'm still waiting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment