Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The long weekend becomes dull

We had a good weekend at The Seafood Restaurant. I closed the bar on Saturday night and The GM did the bar inventory so I didn't have to put up with The Bar Manager in such close proximity to me all night. I opened as a manager on Sunday morning and left at four because we were so slow. The Service Manager said that we had a good night on Sunday Night. We did more that our usual sales and the servers made money. My roommate dropped me off at work early yesterday on his way to school. I had the bar setup and stocked by the time we opened at eleven. That was good because I ended up getting a lot of tables. Everyone wanted to sit in the bar yesterday! The servers didn't get half the tables I did! I setup in anticipation of a busy happy hour, but to no avail. I left as soon as happy hour was over at six and was informed by the closer, Lauren, that the two people who sat at the bar for happy hour were the only two people who sat at the bar all night. We had our worst night for tips that I have ever seen! Five dollars an hour was our average! I have the day off today, but I might stop by work to pick up my meager tips from last night. I know, I know, I need to stay away from that place at least once a week, but Dawn and Christi work tonight and I haven't seen them in a few days. I need to get a life!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blog, thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice blog - thanks for putting me on your list of things worth reading and seeing! Honored! The Leather District Gourmet now lives on my website JacquelineChurch (dot) com.

    I've got some interesting cocktail news coming up soon, stop back!

    I am a big dinner at the bar girl. Am slowly converting my husband. Victory is near...

    Cheers,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete