Monday, February 1, 2010

More work woes

So we are going to start serving dinner next week; after 10 months of only serving lunch and Sunday brunch. The menu looks good. The wine list looks good. The FOH staff is coming together. The major problems are the BOH staff and the owners. For the most part, the cooks suck. The owners are nice, bit clueless. We have an experienced chef who is helping us plan the menu, but he is not able to work the line like he should because of his age. Today the owners decided to sit down and rework the menu. I fear that they are going to mess it up and make it something that only appeals to the lower class of customers. I don't want this to happen. I want to appeal to a higher class of paying customers so tips will be higher. It's impossable to explain this to he owners because of their lack o restaurant experience. I'm scared for the future of this place. I need to make more money and they're not helping by dumbing down the menu. Any thoughts?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment